05 Oct 2012
Volunteer applications now open!
WOMADelaide uses around 250 volunteers before, during and after the
festival in a range of roles. Applications are open until 11 January
A full-time Volunteers Co-ordinator will be on board from mid December. Successful applicants only will be notified by the end of January 2013. Please note that in the lead-up to the 2012 festival we received three times as many applications than we needed, so not everyone can be given a position!
· must be over 18 and a resident of Adelaide
· are generally expected to work four (4) x 4-hour shifts in exchange for a Volunteer Pass and t-shirt
· do not receive any payment from the WOMADelaide Foundation
· must attend a Volunteers Briefing/Induction, likely to be from 6-730pm in the Adelaide CBD on Thursday 28 February 2013 (TBC)
· may need to undergo a Police Check in order to work with children. If so, the Foundation will cover the cost of this
· are covered by the Foundation’s Public Liability Insurance
· are responsible for their own transport to and from the event and any parking costs
· will have their name electronically linked to the barcode on their Volunteer Pass – in the event that they are a ‘no-show’, this Pass will be cancelled
· will need to sign a Letter of Agreement with the Foundation at the Briefing/Induction.
Visit the GETTING INVOLVED page to apply online.